We all prefer to deal with people we know and trust. To become the ‘person of choice’, the ‘firm of choice’ or the ‘organisation of choice’, we need to build positive relationships. Networking skills can help us to do that.
You can expand your personal network by improving the quality of relationships within your existing network, and also by adding new contacts in a purposeful manner.
Personal networks are dynamic and constantly changing. Most people would like to expand their networks and at the same time maintain quality and integrity. In order to do this, you need to pay attention to all the aspects of building your network. These include improving your skills, identifying your network, organising and updating the information and sustaining relationships. On this firm foundation you can then build an even stronger and more effective network.
We present a ‘one day’ workshop which includes training in relevant networking skills. For example, a simple technique for quality conversation is easy to apply. We’ll also explore ways of developing and expanding the structure of our networks.
Networking is a ‘critical success factor’ in achieving our goals. This workshop will help participants to define and capture their personal three-year vision on a one-page plan together with the networking tactics they have chosen to work on.
You’ll leave the workshop ready to swing into action with your unique ‘one page personal strategy’ and your signed copy of Brenda’s book: ‘Networking Tactics: a guide to achieving success through personal strategy’. As a result of participating effectively in this one-day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand why networking skills are critical in achieving professional/business success
- Appreciate that personal networking is a process – and not a ‘transaction’
- More easily hold quality conversations which help in building positive relationships and also lead to more confidence in attending social engagements
- Apply skills practised at the workshop and enhance their own style of networking
- Share ideas on sustaining and expanding their personal networks
- Incorporate all stakeholders in the networking mix
- Set personal strategy incorporating their three-year vision, values and networking tactics
- Complete their personal one-page plan for achieving their personal three year vision and know how to use their personal networking tactics to achieve success
- Implement their personal programme.