It is always interesting watching a sense of ‘community’ develop during our six-week ‘Enhance Your Executive Skills’ (‘EYES’) courses. Friendship and support are important factors in facilitating development.
In line with their building positive relationships, during our latest course, participants listed the following as their perceived top benefits of networking:
- Fast-tracking the introductory process - going from ‘hello’ to quality conversation in a short space of time.
- Progressing through building relationships to exploring possibilities and meaningful action for mutual benefit.
- Growing strong and sustainable friendships with like-minded people.
- Having a sense of connection and belonging.
- Building trust and respect.
- Through visibility, gaining influence and reputation.
- Promoting personal brand and possibly business brand.
- Building confidence through support and being able to develop and test innovative ideas
- Improving self-validation.
- Sharing experiences and appreciation.
- Listening and learning more about different cultures and diverse groups thus leading to greater understanding.
- Increasing our frame of reference.
- Enhancing an attitude of ‘how can I help you to help me help someone else’?
- Developing more selfless and honest relationships.
- Understanding ‘internal politics’, power and influence
- Learning, awareness of trends and access to information.
- Saving time and money.
For more information on the ‘Enhance Your Executive Skills’ courses which combine training and coaching sessions or Executive Coaching programmes, please contact Brenda Eckstein on +27 82 4993311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply