It is rewarding working with companies committed to lifting their levels of service. ‘Excellent customer service is one of the key factors that differentiate us from competitors.’ These were the words of one of the management team-members at a recent ‘Sustainable Customer Service Strategy’ workshop run ‘in-house’ for Save Hyper. This one-day workshop provided the framework for a 6-week programme in which 100 staff members will be involved on an ongoing basis.
Individual focus and then group-work provided input for their thoughts on ‘The benefits of excellent customer service’ and the consolidated input, in no specific order is outlined below:
- Happy customers become frequent shoppers and this leads to loyalty and customer retention.
- More people know about your organisation and products through ‘word of mouth’ marketing. Existing customers ‘spread the word’ and market you.
- A sound customer base is established and increased.
- An increase in satisfied customers accelerates the growth of the company.
- Better service provides a competitive advantage.
- Positive feedback increases brand awareness and builds the brand. There is enhanced brand equity.
- Customers feel an emotional attachment to the brand as they love shopping in your environment.
- Confidence and trust are built with both the internal and external customers and this has a ripple effect.
- There are more job opportunities through the increase in business. Satisfied customers ensure sustainable employment in the group.
- Increase in ‘lifetime’ purchases stabilises and increases business growth.
- The pride through being recognised as champions of service lifts standards even further.
- The motivating and energising environment increases staff satisfaction.
- Sales figures and profits improve and the business grows further.
- Better service leads to better margins which impacts on the service.
- The ‘spillover’ has a positive effect on relationships with suppliers.
- There is enhanced value to all stakeholders.
- There is greater value to the community and to society in general. Business can help to ‘make the world a better place for everyone’.
- Your business becomes the ‘company of choice’.
As a facilitator, it is a great pleasure for me to serve a team of committed people who treat each other (and me) with respect and understanding. I’m looking forward to being part of their journey during the next six sessions! They deserve to achieve their goals.
For more information on the facilitation of ‘Sustainable Customer Service Strategy’, a programme developed in conjunction with Leon Grové of Leverage and Growth, or other individualised services pleased visit the services page or contact email@example.com or phone +27 82 4993311.